I think my muscles might be atrophying. I seriously haven’t moved from my futon (yes, a futon) in at least 8 hours. I happen to have a humongous paper due for my professional writing class tomorrow and I’ve spent the majority of this weekend sloowly chipping away at it. What a way to spend my sunday. Anyway, for future reference I’m going to try to split this blog into equal parts daily food intake, daily workouts, recipes that I’ve tried and loved (or not loved),fitness goals, and, when I gather enough courage, possibly daily or weekly weigh ins…just to keep myself honest, right?? Moving right along, here’s a rundown of some of my short and long term health and fitness goals:
– Consistently maintain a daily caloric intake between 1400 and 1600 calories with a heavy emphasis on fruits, vegetables, non-processed grains such as oats and brown rice, and mostly plant sources of protein. 100% vegan hasn’t worked for me before so I’ll likely include a little bit of dairy, whey, eggs, and fish.
– Lose about 10 lbs of fat and maintain my weight at a healthy 135 lbs.
– Commit to running more: as in running 3 times a week and eventually completing a 10k
– Strength training in the gym 4 times a week.
– Reduce binge eating (another nasty habit) to no more than once a week.
Alrighty… long term goals, anyone?
– Become a certified personal trainer
– Graduate with my degree in professional writing
-Write and become a correspondant for a fitness/health related publication.
-Maintain my happy weight, permanently!
-Uh, more specific long term goals to come…
Ok, now to the good stuff: Here’s what I ate–(please excuse the lack of photos, or in some cases, the really embarassing stolen google images) 🙂
1 cup strawberries, 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 tbs ground flax, 1 scoop Optimum Whey protein powder, 1 tbs almond butter
Lots and lots of carbs so my fingers have energy to type. all. day. long…and walk to the gas station to drown myself in diet coke. Fantastic.
A gigantic mish mash of all the vegetables (and some beans) I had in my fridge including, but not limited to:
– 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup green beans, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/2 cup canned tomato chunks, 1 cup sliced green bell pepper, 1/2 medium onion AND 1/3 cup edamame, and 1/3 cup black beans
(Again, sorry, but I hate a post without pictures)
And finally…(at least for now…)
1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop Optimum Whey, 2 tbs ground flax, 1/2 tbs baking powder, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1/3 cup egg white, 1/3 cup water (or enough to make batter), sugar substitute, cinnamon. Bake at 350 degree’s until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (5-10 min) 8-9 small muffins or 3 large ones.
A little almond butter on top for good measure 😉
Alrighty guys and (mostly) girls, thats all for now!! Seeya tomorrow!!